Children's Century 21 Campaign Project
3.13 ~ 3.16, 2003
Themes are Community development, Children's culture, and Performing arts for children.
The theme is Role of performing arts for Children
Theatre companies, Regional public hall members, School teachers
anybody can join and share the ideas.
Theatre companies give us information about their productions
Performances by theatre groups
Music performances, puppetries and dramas are performed at the hall,
social education center, schools and community center for children
in Haki-machi, Fukuoka
Performances by children
Children from all over Kyushu area show their own performances.
Workshops for both children and adults are conducted by the artists.
Festival & Square 2002
Was held from 3.21 to 3.24. The total number of participants
was 7,800, including those from Korea, China and the U.S.
Detailed registration guide will be made by the end of this year. Please contact us by e-mail first when you are interested.
Society of Childrenfs Theatre Works & Community Development
in Japan Kyushu-Okinawa Region
ADDRESS: 80-1, Souzu, Haki-machi,Asakura-gun, Fukuoka, JAPAN
TEL: (+81)946-63-9120 FAX: (+81)946-63-9121
The gist of this project:
These days a lot of serious incidents involving
children have happened, and many people are worried about the sound growth
of children's mind. A huge change of children's life and cultural life has
made it difficult for children to have natural, social, artistic and vivid
experiences in their daily lives. It is considered to be the emergency to
get genuine experiences back to children. Especially in Kyushu-Okinawa area,
we really need to make many chances for children to appreciate the wonderful
We present this project in order to promote
more artistic and cultural circumstances for children in association with
the various artists.
Aims of this project:
(1) To give children the chance to appreciate the fine performing arts productions
(2) To make various encounters between people in Kyushu-Okinawa region and performing artists
(3) To appeal the importance of theatre works for children
(4) To create and promote performing art productions for children in association with theatre companies
(5) To promote the training of people who can produce the artistic activities for children
(6) To introduce foreign productions or advanced studies on children's drama education
(7) To make better circumstances for children's theatre works or cultural activities